Thursday, March 24, 2016

In the Pink

 
 In the Pink - SOLD
5" x 7"  oil on masonite

For a private workshop this week I looked through my reference images for something different, yet not too challenging, for painting.  I don't often paint flowers but with Easter/Spring in the air, I thought a tulip might fit the bill.  And it did.  The individual who I was teaching had not painted anything previously and never used a palette knife but did a fabulous job with her first painting of a tulip as you can see in the image below.


Its interesting to see how different people approach painting, especially those not influenced by previous painting experience.  Some have a natural ability to see colours and shapes, while others struggle with that observation. Practice, of course, brings the training of eye/hand that helps with seeing shapes and judging colours.  Each person brings their own unique vision and painting style to a piece and its wonderful watching it unfold.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful, obviously a good teacher!!

Jeanette Jobson said...

Thanks Jo, she did a fabulous job. I just showed her the how-to's and she surged ahead from there.